[tcb] Re: 0-50...

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

Brian:  Sounds like the speedo may be trying to freeze up which could be the
reason you broke the original speedo cable.  Early VWs have been known for
freezing up the odometer which will break the cable, and can cause erratic
speedo needle before the cable breaks.  Think I would try a different speedo.
Also make sure you have the cable firmly in the little square hole in the
bearing cap.  Also check to make sure the hole in the bearing cap still has a
good square hole.  Sometimes these things get wallowed out and allow the cable
to spin in the hole.  BUT, from your description of the problem I would suspect
the odometer is binding and about to freeze up.

evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:  Time warp

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile