[tcb-kit] Lecture Theoretical Biophysical Chemistry - invitation

  • From: Tomas Kubar <tomas.kubar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb-kit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:22:51 +0100

Hi

I'd like to remind you of the running lecture on MD by Marcus, Christoph Jacob and myself, which takes place Mondays at 11:30 in the Lecture hall 3. On January 24, it's my turn with something I call "Enhanced Sampling", and I'm gonna talk about MD as a way to the global minimum (simulated annealing, MD/quenching), replica-exchange MD, methods using biasing potentials (flooding, metadynamics) and locally enhanced sampling. I'd be happy to see you there. (I'm afraid the language is German, sorry for that...)

Also, we'll have several hands-on sessions accompanying this lecture. First, there will be an introduction to Gromacs, and slightly advanced stuff will follow. Time: January 17, 24 and 31 and February 7, at 2:00 PM. Place: pool room on the 4th floor (406 I guess).