[tbl.viu] Re: Appeal feedback

  • From: Nancy page <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tbl.viu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:57:10 -0700

Thank you, all. This helps!

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Bill Roberson <Bill.Roberson@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Lynda and Katarina,
I agree with Kat's response.

Another way to get them to think analytically about questions, when they
complain about "fairness" and "confusion" is to ask them to re-write the
question in a way that would be more fair and a better measure of
understanding. Sometimes they'll actually improve it. At the very least,
the process might get them to reflect on what it is the question expects
them to be able to do.

Bill