[tas-list] Re: Venus transit rain-site?

  • From: Richard Frederick <alphacentauri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:35:19 -0700

Paradise forecast is cloudy with chance of snow and 38 degrees. Potholes forecast near Moses Lake is for party sunny, 68 degrees with 30% chance of showers. Maybe that's an idea.

Looks like it's too late to follow Captain Cook to Tahiti, where the forecast is 86 degrees with 40% chance of thunderstorms.
On Jun 1, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Tom Trelvik wrote:

So I'm not liking the forecast very much, yet. Are there any tentative
plans for a day trip to somewhere with a better view if it becomes
necessary? Maybe Paradise Inn on Mt Rainier will be above the cloud
deck? I'm not sure if that's often the case, or not.

Anyone have any backup plans?

Tom