[tapir-development] Re: Return image instead of text from a script

  • From: Sveinbjorn Thordarson <sveinbt@xxxxx>
  • To: tapir-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:14:32 +0000

Hello, everyone

I've been making a lot of progress on the next release of Tapir, and the implementation of the Tapir syntax is almost complete. Tapir syntax allows you to set menu title image, menu title font and menu item images on the fly using special output from your command. As an example, the following command:

echo "TAPIR%%ICON=logo.png;COLOR=red;FONT=Baskerville/48%%Hello world"

produces a menu that looks like this:

JPEG image

The "logo.png" image is simply added to the list of bundled files. The syntax can of course be changed on the fly, depending on the output of the command/script.

Cheers,
Sveinbjorn Thordarson

Hello,

On 2005-05-10, Sveinbjorn Thordarson <sveinbt@xxxxx> wrote:

I'm working on this for version 1.1 of Tapir.  But I would implement
it so that if a line of output matched something like:
TAPIR%%IMAGE=/path/to/image.gif%%, it would set the icon image to the
icon at that path.

O.K. Thanx. I'll write to a file into /tmp/ then. May you envisage an option for Tapir to delete the image once loaded? Something like TAPIR%%IMAGE%DEL=/path/to/image.gif%% for example? It would prevent file cluttering.

Gilles.