Tao Meeting 2/15

  • From: Tao Community <th2admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taomeeting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:59:15 -0800

*Our Meeting
*
In our meeting tomorrow, we will follow a similar format as last Sunday,
starting with Carmen, followed by Bill, and then yours truly (Derek).

As usual, I'll start with a brief segment about real Chinese culture -
things that every Chinese person knows but you never hear about or see on TV
and movies.

We'll complete our discussion of Tao Te Ching chapter 18, which raises
interesting questions like:

   - Is Lao Tzu pointing to intelligence as a bad thing? If so, why?

   - Doesn't kind affection lead to harmony rather than lack of harmony? Is
   this chapter saying the opposite?

   - What is the deeper significance of the loyal minister?

I hope to see you tomorrow, either at the temple or online!

*Password
*
The password for this meeting coming right up is "3838" without the quotes.

When it's time to attend the meeting, you can participate with the following
steps:

   1. Click on this
link<http://www.telspanrayo.com/6931013/vmeetings/9676001/viewer.php>to
access the meeting room.
   2. Enter your name so it will appear correctly in the list of attendees.
   3. Enter the password provided above. Remember, this password changes
   weekly.
   4. That's it! You are in the meeting and will be able to see and hear
   everything.

If you are not familiar with this online meeting technology, you can find
more information at taoism.net/meeting.

*Unsubscribe
*
You can easily unsubscribe from this mailing list in one of two ways:

   as the subject.
   2. Visit freelists.org/list/taomeeting and follow the simple instructions
   there.