Tao Meeting 1/4

  • From: "Tao Community" <th2admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taomeeting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:31:31 -0800

*Our Meeting
*
Happy 2009! May your journey on the Tao be filled with peace, happiness and
inspiration in the new year.

Our meeting tomorrow will adhere to the usual format. Bill will start by
sharing some thoughts about the Tao from 10:30 to 11:00. I will follow him
with our continuing exploration of the Tao Te Ching. We will finish up
chapter 16, and may even start chapter 17 if time permits.

There are two key concepts from chapter 16 that we will delve into:

   - Constancy - a quick recap on what we discussed last time. This concept
   echoes the "constant Tao" from chapter 1. However, despite its importance,
   most translations don't bother with it.

   - Equanimity - there's no easy way to translate this into English. Words
   like acceptance, countenance and tolerance are but approximations. We will
   illustrate and illuminate it with stories - still the best way to understand
   the Tao!

I hope to see you tomorrow, either at the temple or online!

*Password
*
The password for this meeting coming right up is "9999" without the quotes.

When it's time to attend the meeting, you can participate with the following
steps:

   1. Click on this
link<http://www.telspanrayo.com/6931013/vmeetings/9676001/viewer.php>to
access the meeting room.
   2. Enter your name so it will appear correctly in the list of attendees.
   3. Enter the password provided above. Remember, this password changes
   weekly.
   4. That's it! You are in the meeting and will be able to see and hear
   everything.

If you are not familiar with this online meeting technology, you can find
more information at taoism.net/meeting.

*Unsubscribe
*
You can easily unsubscribe from this mailing list in one of two ways:

   as the subject.
   2. Visit freelists.org/list/taomeeting and follow the simple instructions
   there.