[talks-uk] Re: working version of fring

  • From: "Steve Spamer" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:41:09 +0100

Graham, when I asked this a few days ago (does skype work on N85), I was told to get Fring. Now I've only added the Skype add on, so I don't know about MSN etc, but I can imagine it's going to be annoying after a while. The reason is, on my N85, I had to get eyes to select Skype in the list of add ons, Talks doesn't read whether the contact is on or off line and it doesn't read chat messages. So, I've found that if it's running, I'll get a chat message and have no idea what it says or who it's from, that's the annoying part, because if you leave it signed in you most probably get these messages. Only positive is that you can of course ring and chat to your Skype contacts. I find that I use the chat side of Skype as much as the speech, so there lies my dilema. Cheers Steve. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>