[talks-uk] Re: vodaphone

  • From: "Walter Ramage" <wpr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 16:56:00 +0100

You are correct Barbara.  If you download and install it your self, you will
invalidate the warranty.  I was told this by Mike Ducksbury and that is the
reason they send it to their service centre for installation as the warranty
is still intact.  On the other hand, phones are so reliable that the chances
of something going wrong is unlikely with the phone unless you screw up the
installation.  Despite the invalidation of the warranty problem if you self
install, Vodafone on two separate occasions said that I should do it my self
and one of these times was when I was speaking to their special needs
department.  If anyone has any doubts then it is better to err on the side
of caution and have Vodafone do it for you but this will mean taking it to a
store and it being sent away for a few days.  I Got my Phone in January and
unless things have changed in the meantime, The version of Talks you Get
will be 2.3 since 2.5 was being trialed and they were encountering some
network problems with it.