[talks-uk] Re: (talks-UK) - Help with incoming email on N86

  • From: "ELSPETH PEARCE" <elspeth_pearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 23:15:58 +0100

Many thanks.  I'll try that.  What did you think about my SMPT settings.
For now I've left them as they are, and only changed the imap 4 setting to
pop3.

With kind regards

Elspeth
From: "ELSPETH PEARCE" <elspeth_pearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/04/2011 8:03 pm

No.  The port is the default setting.  I have no idea how to choose the port
or its settings.

Elspeth

From: "ELSPETH PEARCE" <elspeth_pearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/04/2011 6:25 pm

Hi Eleanor

I believe Blueyonder use Google, but I put in the settings as they were
shown in my account settings on my desktop.  In the incoming mail settings
on my phone it said imap 4.blueyonder.co.uk  I have just changed this to
pop3.blueyonder.co.uk.  the outgoing is set to SMTP.blueyonder.co.uk and I
have left it at that.  It just seems strange that I should be able to
receive emails on my desktop from my phone but not be able to receive emails
on my phone.

Many thanks for replying so quickly.

Elspeth

From: "ELSPETH PEARCE" <elspeth_pearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/04/2011 5:42 pm

Hi folks:  I realise this is not strictly talks related,  and I appologise.
I have set up email  on My N86, and I can send emails but I am not receiving
any.  Any ideas?  Please contact me off list if necessary.  Many thanks.

Elspeth.

--- End Message ---