[talks-uk] Re: problem updating my wife's Nokia N82 to Talks version 4

  • From: Ari Moisio <arimo@xxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:42:26 +0300 (EEST)

Hi

Try to set the phone to the data transfer mode, copy the .sis files to the memory card and open the with the phone's build-in file manager.

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009, Alexander Shannon wrote:

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on the following please.

Both myself and my wife Carol have Nokia N82 phones, we know
that we are both eligible to upgrade our talks versions from
version 3 to version 4.

I managed to download version 4 and its release notes to my
computer and install them on my N82 with no problem, but
when we tried to install the exact same sys files from my
computer to Carol's phone, we hit a problem.

The problem is that we can't seem to be able to transfer the
sys files from my computer to Carol's phone without PC
suite, and although PC Suite can be selected on Carol's
phone, when we try to transfer a file, we are told that
carol's phone does not support PC Suite.

We've tried bluetoothing the sys files from my computer to
Carol's N82 and bluetoothing the installed Talks files from
my N82 to Carol's N82, but neither of these methods seem to
want to work.

We don't really want to put PC Suite on to Carol's computer
as she's running HAL 10.01 as her screen access software,
and that may prove a stumbling block to the transfer even if
we install the version of PC suite that I have installed
which is 6.86.9.0 which I know is compatible with Supernova
10.03 on to her computer.

So, is there a way to get round this without installing PC
Suite on Carol's machine?

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the version of PC suite
I have on my machine while making sure that Carol's phone is
connected to my computer during the process?

Thank you all in advance for any advice.

Alexander Shannon