[talks-uk] Re: possibly a complete N82 disaster, can anyone help please?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 03:02:35 +0100

Hi Alex.

If the phone is locked up and isn't restarting at all, not allowing you to get past the welcome screen, you've got a big problem. The only solution to your dilemma is to do a hard reset on the device, this will clear the main memory of all applications and user data and will restore the phone to factory settings. You should then be able to reinstall talks and the voices that you wish to use on the phone, as well as the KNFB reader. I only hope that Carol backed up the contents of her phone to a memory card in particular the contacts, calendar and messages as well as any other customisations. If she hasn't done this, I suggest taking the handset to a Nokia service centre who might be able to perform a data recovery. In future, might I suggest that whenever Carol wants or needs to make changes to her device and especially the software installed on it, that she first back up the memory to the memory card using the memory card function in tools or settings. This will mean that she can restore her phone to exactly how it was before it stopped working.

All the best, Ibrahim.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>