[talks-uk] Re: phones

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:14:53 -0000

Hi Barbra.

I couldn't agree with you more on the size of these new phones.  Unfortunately,
people want to do more with their phones these days than just make and take
calls and send and receive messages.  Networks are in the process of launching
new services such as mobile TV and radio, video downloading and soon we'll be
able to watch movies on them.  The result is that the screens need to
accommodate these requirements and the phones themselves need to contain faster
processors and state of the art hardware to support all these new services.
Also, battery power is a problem on newer phones and I can see a time when
batteries will become bigger as they need to be more capacious.  New technology
in that department needs to immerge if the batteries themselves are to stay
small.

Best wishes, Ibrahim