[talks-uk] Re: phone query

  • From: "harveywhite" <harveywhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:27:09 -0800

Paul, there are two ways to switch off. If you press the on/off button
and hold it down for three or more seconds, the phone will switch off.

Alternatively, if you press the on/off button and immediately release
it, you hear Power, Switch off, one of eight. This is the Power Menu,
and, rather annoyingly, it does not feature in the Help File.

The other items on the Power menu are
Lock Keypad
General
Silent (I haven't tried this because I don't know what it would do to
talks)
Meeting (which probably means the phone doesn't ring but maybe
vibrates or flashes)
Outdoor (could this mean Louder?)
Pager
and Lock Phone.

If anybody can fill in the details on these options, it might be
helpful to many of us.

Meanwhile, Paul, I suggest you might check whether the phone is on or
off just by moving the joystick. Talks usually says "Screen Saver" if
the phone is still switched on.

Harvey White