[talks-uk] Re: new application using GPS

  • From: "All formats" <allformats@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:32:10 -0000

Has anyone tried to buy this yet?

I have and it is a bit of a hassle so far:

1.  I downloaded the trial to my PC; copied the file to my phone and
installed it.

2.  Had a play with it, (seems like you get a 10 day trial) and decided I
quite liked it.

3.  Went to the menu to buy it and was taken to the online shop.

4.  Eventually got to the right bit and wanted to pay by Paypal.  At this
point the info said you would need to email them if you wanted to pay in
this way but, the combo box had a paypal choice so I used it.  You had to
enter quite a bit of info which is normally not the case when electing to
pay by paypal such as a billing address and various contact details and your
phone imei code.

5.  Having confirmed that the details were correct, I just clicked the
paypal button and paid.

6.  Was then told that I would receive an email with a code to register
with.

7.  Received 1 email to say my order was being processed and another to say
that they tried to call me and could I fill in a form with my contact
number.

Like I say, there may be good reason why they need some of the info but, it
is a bit frustrating when we are used to the immediacy of downloading a
trial; liking it; clicking buy; entering payment details and the product
being activated.

Dono, perhaps I am just having a moan!

Paul Hopkins - Manager

(All Formats)

Queen Alexandra College

Court Oak Road

Harborne

BIRMINGHAM

B17 9TG

Tel:

0121 428 5018

Fax:

0121 428 5048

E-mail:

allformats@xxxxxxxxx

Web:

www.allformats.org.uk

Allformats - Braille, Audio, Digital and Large Print Resources for Access by
People with a Visual Impairment.

*****

Confidentiality and Disclaimer:

This email and its attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and
may be confidential or the subject of legal privilege.  If this email and
its attachments have come to you in error you must take no action based on
them, nor must you retain them, copy them, distribute them or disclose their
contents to any other person.

Please contact the sender immediately to notify them of the error.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Queen Alexandra College shall be

*****