[talks-uk] Re: n86

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:50:29 +0100

Hi Yvonne.

First, the little rubber piece down the left-hand side of the casing is
probably the key lock/unlock switch which you can use instead of sliding open
the phone.  (Mine doesn't have rubber on it, but that's all I can think you
mean.)  Try it and you'll probably feel it spring slightly and then Talks will
speak, either keylock locked or unlocked.

With regard to the back cover, once you've done it a few times you'll be fine.
Your finger nail needs to be in the smaller slot, not the rim that goes all the
way across the casing.  In fact, if your finger is correctly positioned and you
pull slightly apart, it does come reasonably easily.  I appreciate the length
of finger nails may be a problem to you.  You may find a coin will work, as
long as you're careful about it.

Now, I'm not sure what you actually want to do with your card as I wasn't
totally following this thread further back.  If you can tell me what you were
wanting to get the card out in the first place for then I may be able to help
by suggesting another method.  Sometimes you are able to transfer files quite
happily between Windows Explorer and the N86.  (I had already put Nokia PC
Suite on my computer, which I downloaded from the internet, so don't know if it
would have worked with no other phone software;  but I know sometimes it will.
 (You can use software from the CD, but to be honest I haven't looked at mine
really as software with packaged goods quite often is out of date and so I only
use it if I can't find what I want from the Internet.)

I hope this all makes some sense to you and I've covered a few of the things
that you need answering.

Come back with the answers to those questions and I'll look out and see if I
can help you further.

Regards:

--
Carol