[talks-uk] Re: list guide lines

  • From: Kevin Russell <kevin_russell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:11:35 +0100

Hi

As a list member, I fully agree with graham's suggestions and sincerely
hope that we don't lose the valuable input from the Talks dealers.

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Russell
CICS Test
IBM UK Ltd
MP 102 Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
United Kingdom.  SO21 2JN
Tel: +44  1962 815531
(internal 245531)
Internet: kevin_russell@xxxxxxxxxx

"Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/10/2008 21:15
Please respond to
talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[talks-uk] list guide lines

Hi Graham.

Just a quick point about list guide lines.

I don't think that many mind a person putting the signature of their
company at the bottom of their messages.  Yes, technically I suppose it
can be seen as advertising but some people use this list from work and
they cannot help including a signature which could be seen as advertising.
 If the signature is just text and relatively short then it does no harm.
I have known very few real problems on this list, and it would be a shame
if UK dealers stopped using the list because they had to remember to
remove a signature each time they send accounts to this list.  It would
seriously annoy me to have to do this.  Ultimately of course it is your
list but generally I would say it has been doing fine apart from the
"Where's Daniel" thread and I understand you are dealing with that anyway
so there is no problem as far as I can tell.

You could of course deal with any blatent advertising by talking to the
list member concerned if you really felt it had gone over the top.

Regards

Graham