[talks-uk] Re: emails

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:21:45 -0000

Hello Steve and Amro,

I have certainly learned something new from the two of you.  I didn't
realise that what is backed up from the phone to the memory card is
compressed so doesn't appear under the individual categories, such as
contacts, calendar, etc.

And I don't want to have to hate you for the rest of my life either, Amro,
so I have installed the latest PC Suite and backed up my phone to the PC as
well.  And as Steve suggested, it's easy to do with the latest version where
the menus, if not the entire screen, are perfectly accessible.

Presumably the .NBU file which is created on my PC when I back up through PC
Suite is compressed which is why it also doesn't seem to be readable by any
application.

All I have to do now is to be brave enough to update the firmware on my
phone, always assuming it's available to my T-Mobile-branded phone!

Caroline.

From:   "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:           02/11/2008 15:26

Hi Saqib,

No, this makes no difference.  If you have it set to headers only, it still
downloads the body when you open the Email.  It is something else, which we
can't easily reproduce.