[talks-uk] Wayfinder - how do you find it?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:07:41 -0000

Hi everyone.

My name is Ibrahim and I am new to both Talks and this mailing list.  I may be
posting questions from time to time regarding the operation of talks and
compatibility with various software applications I may choose to use on my
Nokia smart phone.  I hope list members will bare with me during this exciting
and interesting phase and take the time to assist me where ever possible.

Firstly, my question relates to the Way Finder GPS navigation system.  I am
given to understand that the talks software works well with the software
element of this system and I have made arrangement to purchase a cheap GPS
navigation device in order to trial the service.

I am sure other visually impaired users have used this application and I would
like to know how it fairs compared to more expensive systems such as Braille
note, pack mait and/or trekker if you have used these systems.  How accessible
is the application and how accurate is the information given.  Obviously I
don't know exactly what to expect, so anyone with any insights please let me
know whether the system is worth the money or not.

With warmest regards, Ibrahim Gucukoglu