[talks-uk] Wayfinder etc.

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:00:25 +0100

Hi All,

I've been thinking about purchasing Wayfinder but have been somewhat
discouraged by the discussions of problems with version 6.  I re-read
Stuart Foster's article in Access-IT magazine a couple of days ago, and
came across a point in it which I thought possibly reduced the value of
Wayfinder to me.  This was the fact that when you accidentally depart
from the route you're supposed to be following, Wayfinder doesn't
automatically re-calculate the route from your new position, meaning
presumably that if you don't know where you went wrong, you need to set
up a new route from your new position to your destination.

I'd be interested if any Wayfinder users can confirm this functionality,
and give views as to whether this is a severe limitation.

Also, does anyone have additional info about whether up-coming versions
of Talks or Wayfinder are likely to sort out the problems people have
been having with Wayfinder 6 and Talks.

Many Thanks,

Tim Pennick

Tim Pennick
tel:    01473 609040
email:  tim.pennick@xxxxxx

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or
address above) immediately.

Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc E-mail system is
monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful
business purposes. Communications using this system will also be
monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for
other lawful business purposes.