[talks-uk] Wayfinder Access

  • From: "Howie, Sam" <Sam.Howie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:19:48 +0000

Hi All
Sorry if this sounds a daft question but what is Wayfinder Access?
Cheers
Sam

From: "Neil Barnfather - TalkNav" <talks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/01/2010 7:41 am

Dear All,

I had hoped to have more definitive information for you before having to
make a statement about this.

My information is as follows:

Wayfinder have indeed terminated the Access application in terms of future
development, TalkNav had hoped to purchase the application in order that it
be further developed as a TalkNav GPS product under our control.
Unfortunately this was rather suddenly and inexplicitly dropped at Way
finder's end. This was quite a shock to us all at TalkNav as we were quite
extensively through negotiations and were but days away from signing a
contract. We have no official word from Vodafone nor Wayfinder as to why
they would have chosen not to allow our acquisition of the product, however
since that is what they have chosen to do we have no further course of
action available to us.

Existing customers we are assured will continue to receive full service and
support from Wayfinder, the licenses that you have are fully valid and
Wayfinder have informed us that they will honour the terms to which these
licenses were sold.

In terms of future sales, the product is officially no longer being
developed, however, we and no doubt other dealers have stock licenses
available. Wayfinder are allowing these to be sold at this time, and under
the above clause that they'll not terminate support or service, you can be
assured of use from your Access purchase.

You may ask why buy something that isn't being developed any further, it's a
good question. For me I'd look at the alternatives, sure they maybe being
onwards developed, however, Access still to date remains the cheapest blind
accessible GPS product, and with Wayfinder assuring ongoing support /
service, you can be assured that your product will last for a good while
yet. Sure Access has some problems, but given the alternatives and their
costs, the point is it's still to me a worthy consideration.

What of course is obvious is that once the remaining stock licenses are
gone, that as they say is that. They'll be no further way of purchasing
Access licenses.

We are advised that we can offer up the following e-mail address to users
for those who require more information, however, please note that they've
not been able to tell us anything more, thus it's likely that they won't
answer your questions along the above bases in any further detail. By all
means though, if you wish please do try.

Support.access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind regards.

 <http://www.talknav.com> www.talknav.com

 <http://www.wayfinderaccess.com> www.wayfinderaccess.com