[talks-uk] Re: Voice dialing on N85

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:43:52 +0100

And you are of course right Ibrahim.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: creativeeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: creativeeyes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 5:36 PM
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: Voice dialing on N85

Hi Barbra.

There should also be a button on the right hand side, between the two volume keys. I use that for voice dialing, I think that's the proper key to use for that function.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24/08/2009 2:05 PM

Hi Eleanor,

No, it should work from anywhere.

From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24/08/2009 4:42 AM

Hi Eleanor,

Exactly. It is in Options in Contacts, I believe it is called Defaults.

From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
Date: 23/08/2009 9:36 PM

Hmmmmmm, well I'm utterly gobsmacked people! I am certain I've tried this
before but to no avail.  Anyway, Steve, yeah, it's simply soft key two
again.  So, for others, some basic instructions.

For voice dialing from your address book, simply do the following:

1 ensure that you are on the standby screen.
2 Press and hold down soft key two until phone emits a short series of
tones.  Let go of the key then clearly but naturally speak the name as
it is in the book.
3 Nokia tts should then replay the voice tag and you can confirm the name
by
pressing key 1.
4 Phone will then dial number.

As easy as that!

One slight thought is that I think when I did it before, I was using a non
active standby.  For the last few months, I've been using the active
screen.
I wonder if this could have anything to do with it? Probably not smiles!

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Nutt