[talks-uk] Re: VOCE QUERY

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:22:18 -0000

Hi.

I have a Nokia 6680 and I am having trouble. Mind you, I do run a lot of background tasks like the keyboard software for my Bluetooth keyboard, calendar, alarms etc. I don't know anything about the N90 but the only differences I am aware of in the N series of phones is the 2 mega camera on the back and not much else other than being slightly smaller and lighter. If you no different, please correct me but until they develop a faster processor, or of course you are sparing on the applications you run, you will experience limited success with it.

With warmest regards, Ibrahim Gucukoglu

----- Original Message ----- From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [talks-uk] Re: VOCE QUERY Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:01:09 -0000

VOCE QUERYHi.

I wouldn't touch that bloody real speak with a ten foot barge pole. Firstly, to answer Ian's query, the voices used are Jennifer for UK English and Jane for US. I have a 6680 and demoed talks 2.5 with real speech. Firstly, the application takes a lot of room on a memory card (approximately 5-7 MB) and it is extremely slow if not left alone IE pressing keys quickly on the phone e.g when writing text messages. For the time being, stick to the eloquence US or UK voices as they provide adequate speech output that is intelligible and does not take up too much resources.

Warmest, Ibrahim

----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Dryden To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 1:50 PM Subject: [talks-uk] Re: VOCE QUERY

Hello Ian

Afraid not sure on the actually voice name but yes, in that the new talks, version 2.5 can use the realspeak synth. I'd direct your enquiry to Steve Nutt at computer room services.