[talks-uk] Urgent help please with merging messages from two message stores

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:43:59 -0000

Hi,

I've been pulling my hair out over this so would be grateful if anyone could
advise.  I know it's not secifically a Talks issue so apologise for this.
Also apologise for any reptition.  I've been trying for days to find a
solution so am starting to lose track of where I've posted.

A couple of weeks ago I stupidly changed the message store location to mass
memory on my N95 8GB to allow me to receive a bluetooth file transfer.  I
also stupidly choose to copy the messages across from the phone memory when
prompted.  Later I changed the setting back as it was, but now have two
copies of the messages in both locations, as well as extra messages I
received whilst the message store was set to mass memory.

I've now received messages where are also going back to the phone memory as
they should.  But now my messages are effectively split across two
locations.  I deleted the duplicate messages on the mass memory, but still
have about 50 there that are not on the phone memory.

I originally thought to use PC Suite to backup from both locations, then set
the memory store to the phone memory and restore the backups.  No go.  The
backup remembers where it came from and restores to that same location, so
I'm no further forward at all.

Does anyone know of an application, hack or trick that can effectively let
me add messages from the mass memory into the phone memory store?  All
messages are stored within an index file so a simple file replace won't
work.  Can I cut and paste the file contents manually?

I can't proceed with the upgrade until I resolve this problem.  And I don't
want to mess up the message timestamps, and sender information by simply
forwarding them all to myself.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Thank
you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.