[talks-uk] Upgrading the version of talks on a Nokia 6600 from 2.011.11 to version 3 via 2.25

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 22:03:33 +0100

Hi all, As the subject says I am running a Nokia 6600 with talks version 2.01.11 and wish to upgrade it to Talks version 3 standard.

I realise that I may have to do this in two stages and also that there may be a financial outlay for the upgrades, hence I am sending this message not only to this list, but also to Steve Nutt.

My questions are the following,

Firstly, considering the model of Nokia phone I have and that that model is shaky with Bluetooth and that My current Laptop computer does not have an IR port and the 6600 does not have either an IR port or USB port, I am wondering whether I am going to be able to upgrade my telephone myself , and if so, how?

Secondly, will I need to purchase new licences for each upgrade?

Thirdly, How much further outlay would there be if my wife, who is also Visually Impaired and uses the same model of Nokia with the same version of talks on also wanted to upgrade her talks to the same version?

Thank you in advance to all recipients for any answers.

Alexander Shannon