[talks-uk] Re: Updating N96

  • From: "ELEANOR BURKE" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 18:35:22 +0100

I wasn't as luckey as you Barbra. I downloaded the updater successfully but haven't a clue what was going on with the phone then. Sometimes I wonder with Supernova but it said it was going to take 15 minutes to complete. Then it went down to 17 minutes. Then I kept hearing lots of clunking and clonking like when you insert or remove a usb connection, that type of noise. Then the PC froze but I could still hear all this clunking. Finally it unfroze itself and said it had lost the connection and I should disconnect, power off, remove the batteries etc and try again. I have not tried again. Anyone got any thoughts on that one.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18/05/2009 1:51 PM

Hi Eleanor,

Maybe it will only let you back up to the memory card. I suppose that makes sense, since if you updated to internal memory, you could still lose stuff.

From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18/05/2009 12:46 PM

Eleanor,

You can back up to the 16GB of memory as well.

 _____