[talks-uk] Updating E71 Firmware

  • From: Ben Mustill-Rose <bmustillrose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:44:38 +0100

Hey all,

Sorry if this falls outside the scope of this list a little, but I'm
after an answer fairly quickly (sometime today if possible) and I
don't really have the time to play around to find out what works and
what doesn't.
To cut a short story even shorter, I'm parting ways with my e71 which
I've just sold on ebay. I want to update the firmware for the buyers
benefit and also so that any personal data is removed. What is the
most accessible way of doing this? I seem to remember trying to use pc
suite with hal, nvda and narrator to do this previously with no luck -
E.G. windows wern't being read.
I remember that pc suite required a sim to be inserted - is there any
way around this? Are there any alternate methods of updating the
firmware that might be a bit more accessible?

Any tips about doing this would be great.
Cheers,
Ben.