[talks-uk] Update - WFA Refund Program

  • From: "Neil Barnfather - TalkNav" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Access e-mail forum'" <access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:55:24 +0100

Dear All,

It is with delight that I am pleased to confirm that Vodafone have reconsidered
the refund program for Wayfinder Access license holders in respect of those of
us with multi map region support.

This is a most welcomed update, and I now firmly believe that all Wayfinder
Access customers have been, following the completion of their refund
application, adequately and fairly compensated for the loss of their Symbian
GPS application.

Single region license holders are still being awarded the original figure of
€300 for each individual activation code that they hold. This is to say that if
you have more than one activation, be these for the same region or different,
that you will receive a payment of €300 for each of these.

These users should apply for a refund per activation code, i.e. where you have
more than one activation code, please fill out one application form per
activation code that you own.

For users who have one activation code, but who have multi region support, you
are not guaranteed an increase, however, Vodafone acknowledges that you have
paid an additional fee for this multi region support and they, being
sympathetic to this, request that you point out either in the Notes section of
your initial application, or in the comments field if you've already submitted
an application, a note to the affect that you have multi region support, and
would like to be considered for an increased payment.

For those clients with Global activation codes, which were exclusively
available from TalkNav, you are receiving a generous payment of €500, an extra
€200 over the original offer. This I strongly believe now fairly and adequately
recompenses our loss in terms of the legal obligations of Vodafone.

To anyone who may have held off applying, or who has commented their
application form with a remark requesting a hold, I now believe that you should
proceed with your refund application as per directions on the web-site. Anyone
needing further information should visit:

http://access.wayfinder.com

This represents for me the closing of a long and tiresome dispute, but I now
truly believe that we all have something to be pleased and proud over, we have
successfully achieved financial compensation for a wrong doing against us,
albeit to an extent unavoidable, and we have obtained recognition for our
plight in both the media and other circles.

I am obviously disappointed that the result has not been an alternative
accessible solution by way of an exchange program, however, all things
considered I do not believe that we've done too badly for ourselves.

Please all have a wonderful weekend, enjoy yourselves wherever you may be,
whatever you may be doing. life is for the living and those who grasp it with
both hands. this was a battle worth fighting and I am both pleased to have been
your warrior and also your ambassador charged with championing our collective
cause.

Best wishes.

Twitter @neilbarnfather

Neil Barnfather
Talks List Administrator

TalkNav is a Nuance, Code Factory and Sendero dealer, for all your accessible
phone, PDA and GPS related enquiries visit www.talknav.com