[talks-uk] Re: Unbranding phones (was Dictionary manager?)

  • From: orhan deniz <orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Saqib <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:19:00 +0100

Hi Saqib,
Ok. This is complex. Basically, you need to find a product code that will let
ya update the firmware on your specific type of phone. Then you need to get an
application such as NSS to change your phones product code. This means,
according to the product code, your phone may have different charactiristics.
But one thing you need to take care of is that the product code needs to be a
newer firmware than your current firmware otherwise it'll not update.
Do some googling, and you'll probably find some instructions.
I do admit, this is not for everyone, but it was done by me on my N73.
Best regards,
Orhan.
--
Orhan Deniz.
E-mail:
On Monday, 22 September 2008 4:46:38 PM, Saqib Wrote:
> Hi Orhan. How do you unbrand a phone? My phone has O2 content like bookmarks
> and screensaver plus when you start up the phone it displays the O2 logo. Is
> it costly to do this?

>>> Steve

>>> 354829028899346

>>> Peter

>>> Steve

>>> Peter

>>> From beautiful Helensburgh on the firth  of Clyde.

>>> Steve

>>> Peter,

>>> If you go into the Talks settings window, you right arrow through the
>>> tabs,
>>> it is after the automation tab, there's magnification, speech, advanced,
>>> automation and then dictionary.

>>> It is a premium feature, if you don't yet have your license then you can
>>> get
>>> one 24 hours a day online at our site www.talknav.com

>>> Let me know if I can help further.

>>> Neil Barnfather
>>> WFA List Administrator
>>> Talks Users Host

>>> Don't forget TalkNav which is a Nuance accessibility and Wayfinder Access
>>> software dealer and distributor, for all your product needs with instant
>>> product activation and an online store supporting British Sterling, US
>>> Dollars and Euros.

>>> www.talknav.net
>>> +44 161 277 7997
>>> service@xxxxxxxxxxx