[talks-uk] Re: Torsten Brand - Condolence Book and Memorial Fund

  • From: "All formats" <allformats@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:27:09 +0100

Let's be careful not to get into this micro stuff eh?

Best not to question people this way I think as it will divert from the main
purpose which is to remember the great work Torsten did with regards to
Talks and the person he was in general.

For moral or religious reasons, people might be uncomfortable with words
like "to honour" someone... I don't know but, lets not create a situation
where someone feels they have to come and defend their stance... As I say,
it will only serve to divert attention from the most important topic of this
conversation which is to remember a good man and give right and proper
recognition of Him and the work he did along with the rest of the Talks Team
who will be feeling the loss and grief of a good friend and colleague.  Not
to mention his family of course.

I do hope this is taken in the spirit in which it is meant.

Thanks.

Paul Hopkins

From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14/04/2010 11:09 pm

Hello,

Thank you for this notification and I'd just like to say I think the
sentiment is a noble one and one I'm sure Torsten's family will appreciate.

For moral and ethical reasons I will not be signing the book myself, but
have already engaged with Nuance who will relay my individual letter of
condolence and a donation to Torsten's family directly.

Thanks again, and all the best for your venture.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.