[talks-uk] T-mobile disbands Disability Services Team!

  • From: "Matt Brown" <matthew_brown@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:28:43 -0000

Sorry, I know this isn't exactly Talks related, but it is never the less important to note, and does impact Talks users who are with T-mobile.

T-mobile have recently disbanded the Disability Services Team that customers grew familiar with over the last 10 years. The only reason T-mobile management were prepared to give me was that it was felt that the company was positively discriminating in favour of disabled customers, and so the decision was made to disband the department entirely.

At present, calling 122 from your T-mobile will still route your call to the Northeast call centre, but I am told that eventually the only function of 122 will be to bypass the virtual menu system, and your call could be answered by any customer service adviser at any T-mobile centre, even if that happens to be India or Philippines or wherever they may be.

T-mobile will not state publicly that they guaranty there will not be any change to the level of customer service and knowledge the advisers have regarding stuff like Talks, grade 1 or grade 2 Braille and other disability related issues.

I think its important to remember that the Disability Services Team answered disability related calls day in, day out for over 10 years, whereas the majority of the regular advisers will never have answered a disability related call in their entire time with the company. This means that they will not acquire day-to-day knowledge and experience of dealing with VI customers so I strongly suspect we can expect to see a reduction in the quality of service from now on.

Sorry to those of you who are not T-mobile customers, but this was the only way I knew to reach people.

Don't be surprised if you call 122 and no longer hear the message about being transferred to Disability Services, as there's no such department any more, there's no point in having that message now.

That's all folks, sorry if this wasn't relevant to some of you.

Matt