[talks-uk] Re: Thinking about a new phone but would like some advice in view of problems I've heard of regarding the E5 firmware and Talks.

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 21:29:33 +0100

You are right and wrong Alexander. It depends on the phone of your choice and how comprehensive your contract is in the case of Vodafone anyway. I cannot speak for other providers. I can have a contract with Vodafone and not pay for the phone or I could for example have a contract with more favourable monthly rates and say in the case of the N8 pay one hundred pounds for the phone. I opt to have phones where I do not pay for the phone when on contract all of which work with Talks. I have had e71, e72, N97 Mini and laterally N8 but I opted not jto pay for the whole jin the case of the N8 but to pay the higher monthly rate. N8 is a touch screen phone and works with Talks Premium only, not Talks standard as provided by Vodafone. You may also like to give consideration if you choose e7 that it works to the best of my knowledge with Talks Premium and not Talks Standard. It is a case of weighing up the pros and cons. There are users on this list using e7 but there again there are users using e5.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "alexander shannon " <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>