[talks-uk] Re: Talks with other makes

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:41:52 +0100

Hi Darren, I have used talks on the Panasonic X700 which is a really sexy
little phone.  It's a flip phone, similar size to the Samsung T100, maybe
slightly bigger.  Trouble is that it wasn't totally compatible with talks and
when you received a text message or had a call, talks crashed out and you had
to restart the phone.  This was because of something to do with the sound
processing of the phone.  I understand that Nokia, owning the copyright to
simbian operating systems licence it to other manufacturers however there are
some slight differences which can give talks problems.  I bought the X700 after
being told that it was going to be a supported phone and that the bugs were
being looked at by the programmers.  This never materialised so I ended up
getting the 6680 from Vodafone and never even had to pay for talks!