[talks-uk] Talks, Nokia 8800 and other phones.

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:42:47 -0000

Good afternoon,

        I've just received a call from Carphone warehouse letting me know I
can upgrade my phone, so I'd welcome any advice on currently supported
phones with Talks.

        I did look at the supported list on the Nuance site, but I was
disappointed to find that it still lags behind current phone models by quite
some way. Do they keep that list up to date?

        The phone I'd really like is the Nokia 8800, which has been out for
quite a while now, but it's a series 40 phone, which I don't see any support
for under Talks.

        Are any of the other possibilities for screen reader support on
mobile phones any more likely to support this?

        The phone I'm looking for has reasonably clear buttons, I've got
fairly small hands, so am reasonably nimble, a slide mechanism or clam shell
design and preferably stainless steel. If anyone has got any thoughts on any
of this, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Tink