[talks-uk] Re: TALKS 5.30 and Nokia Belle

  • From: "Mike Cassidy" <mike.cassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 21:47:44 +0100

Hi,

Nokia Belle has some oddities in it, one of which is that in many instances the
soft keys are reversed, i.e. key1 on the right and key2 on the left. Why on
earth Nokia have done that I do not know. To be honest, I have become so
disenchanted with Nokia that I have switched to the iPhone. I have used both
Talks and Mobile Speak on an E7, things seem to be becoming more and more
inaccessible. The other major problem is that you will almost certainly require
the lates version of Ovi Suite with which to interact with Belle, and that
program is absolutely inaccessible to those with insufficient sight to read the
screen.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but unless Nokia do what Apple did a few years ago,
use of their phones by VI people will be minimal. If you can keep an earlier
phone going, do so; personally I would not upgrade to Belle.

Hth,

Mike