[talks-uk] Re: Setting Up Wifi on my Mobile

  • From: "Neil Barnfather - TalkNav" <talks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:50:08 -0000

Carol,

OK, go to tools, settings, connection, access points, in here press options
then new access point;

use the following settings:

connection name - of your choice, this is what your phone will refer to it
as, you could call it home WiFi,

data bearer should be wireless LAN

WLAN network name - in here do a search and select the SSID (WLAN name)
which yours is named, note you may find other wireless networks appearing
here which belong to your neighbours etc.

network status - public

WLAN network mode - infrastructure

WLAN security mode - WPA (note if you're using WEP you must select that)

WLAN security settings - this is a menu in it you'll find;

WPA / WPA2 should be on pre shared key

pre shared key - this is where you type in the WPA shared key

WPA2 only mode off

home page which is back on the main new access point window can be left as
none.

Neil Barnfather
WFA List Administrator
Talks Users Host

Don't forget TalkNav which is a Nuance accessibility and Wayfinder Access
software dealer and distributor, for all your product needs with instant
product activation and an online store supporting British Sterling, US
Dollars and Euros.

www.TalkNav.net
+44 161 277 7997
service@xxxxxxxxxxx