[talks-uk] Re: Sending large text messages

  • From: "Rob Winter" <robju.furball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:37:11 -0000

Hi Eleanor,

As Pete says, when writing a text you can press the Talks key and a lon press of the key2 and it wil tell you how many characters left of the 160 for a text and how many texts are taken up

Rob

From: "Rob Winter" <robju.furball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17/01/2010 7:44 am

Hi Eleanor,

I am not Pete, but yes you can do this at any point whilst writing a text.

Cheers.

Rob

From: "DurDevil" <durdevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17/01/2010 12:06 am

When writing a text you can press the Talks key and a lon press of the key2
and it wil tell you how many characters left of the 160 for a text and how
many texts are taken up. HTH, Pete

From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16/01/2010 11:00 pm

Hi,

Cracked it!

Go to your log, for me it's under Menu > Tools > Log.  Press on the right
joypad.  Now you are in the detailed view.  Press enter on any message
entry, and after the date/time it will show the size of the message.  For
example, for the one I just sent you it shows size: 2.  Same for the one you
sent me.

HTH.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Thank
you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.