[talks-uk] Re: Sending Email From Phone.

  • From: Georgina Joyce <r2gl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:51:17 +0000

Hi

Many ISP's don't allow subscribers / customers send mail from another
connection.  to the internet So that spammers can be identified and
throughput can be monitored.  Therefore, if you use your phone as a
node / terminal  on your home network to send mail through Virgin's
network it will go.  But if you attempt to send it through the mobile
phone provider's network, it won't go.  This is the power of accounts
like google, being generic, any computer around the world can log into
an account and send and receive.  It's an interesting thought, Virgin
provide both mobile and home broadband services so I wonder whether you
can send via Virgin's mobile network from a Virgin Media / NTLWorld
account owned by the same customer.

HTH

--
Gena

four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this.

Richard Matthew Stallman