[talks-uk] Re: Selling phones with Talks installed

  • From: Saqib <saqib@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 16:34:36 -0400

Hi Neil. I simply stated that Nuance could stamp all this second hand selling out by introducing phone number based licensing. I didn't advocate that people should break the law. Had I intended to put a negative point of view across then I wouldn't have suggested the licensing method in the first place. I'm not wishing to start or contribute to a war on Nuance, I'm just suggesting that things can be done differently and had explained why second hand phones were sold. In the end the seller goes on to purchase new licenses from Nuance and I can't see how this would hurt Nuance. I'm sorry if my suggestion had gave you the impression that I had thought it was ok for people to breach the law. I'll say no more on the subject.

From: Karen Burgess - Email Address: karen7475@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 19/06/2010 16:57
Sent To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi there

exactly, that is why most of us sell our phones with talks already on
because we can use the money to pay for the next talks upgrade, I've done
this several times.  never thought of it as being illegal mind you lol.

kaz

From: Saqib - Email Address: Saqib@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 19/06/2010 11:26
Sent To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address:
talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I have tried deleting the license code and it does clear. However
when
Talks
works as it should in full working mode.