[talks-uk] Re: Reading whole e-mail at once

  • From: "Badger" <monty_badger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 00:04:47 -0000

can't be sure but i'm guessing it won't let you save pdf as a word or text file
because it's basically an image file. when jaws reads them it uses a special
conversion system which i think is built in to acrobat etc these days. if you
open a pdf in kurzwiel it actually treets it like a scan and has to try to
recognise text from it and doesn't always get it rite. plus a lot of pdf
documents have a copywrite thing on them which i assume is to stop people
editing or messing about with them, but it also stops you saving them as text
documents.