[talks-uk] Re: Playing Daisy Books and Reading WORD Documents

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:19:26 -0000

I copied a DAISY book in to Sounds folder.  Then I went in to d2go and used the
options key to import a book or whatever it said, it will be obvious to you
when you do it.  Jus press key 1, I mean soft key 1 and listen to the options.
It then recognized it as Terry Wait's book I then went back to Options via soft
key 1 and displayed the contents and choose chapter 1 and pressed Select and
had to wait about 3 seconds before anything happened and then it did.  At first
it was just reading the first MP3 file if you know what I mean, the RNIB bit
but when I did it a few times or I also moved the right arrow and held it down
for a few seconds.  Do not know if that made any difference but then I got it
to stay on continuous reading.  To come out of it, I pressed key 2 and then
when I went back in it just contjinued on.  You would need to make sure you had
adjusted the Options or selections or wahtever it is called for the continuous,
I think.I must go back again though and try that RNIB DAISY book Read On as I
did not get it working the first time.