[talks-uk] Re: Nuance?

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:17:26 -0000

yes, reading of web pages with talks is frankly unpredictable and flaky.  This
is due to the fact that Nokia does not offer any help like browsers such as
Internet Explorer do so that the screenreader has to read just what is visible
on screen.

It is unfortunate though that Nuance does not seem to put any information on
the site about what is new in each release.  all in all this is not good since
as you say it is difficult to decide on when to upgrade.

On the subject of those extra programs, they are in the main quite useful,
though Mini GPS is not that good as you can't save cell information unless you
know where you are and it does not seem possible to share cell data with
others.  The voice recorder program is however quite useful and the advanced
profiles program will probably be useful for some.

Cheers

Graham