[talks-uk] Nokia and N79

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "talks-uk" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:38:23 +0100

Well, after a very frustrating afternoon on the phone to Nokia being shoved
from pillar to post and back to pillar again, I have finally got some degree of
satisfaction. They are now saying that it sounds like there is a hardware fault
with my handset. When I asked why this wasn't fixed the first time, they were
unable to tell me why. In a round about way of never admitting anything, they
have hinted that my phone was not actually checked for the fault I reported
when I sent it to them. Instead they seem to have noticed an electrical fault
as they called it, fixed it and obviously thought that would solve the WLAN
problem but didn't check to confirm. So I have to send back again and if the
problem is not fixed the second time they will give me a new handset.

Again they didn't go as far as to say there is a known issue, but they did say
that some of the newer phones have difficult connecting to some networks. They
say this is something to do with security, but as my phone won't even connect
to an unsecured network there is clearly a more serious fault.

So back it goes and watch this space for what they do (or don't do) this time.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx