[talks-uk] Re: Nokia C5 and training Talks

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian228@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 14:17:19 +0100

Hi Clive,

Is the problem with an original C5, or one of the newer C5-5MP phones?

I recently got one of the newer C5 phones from RNIB and have the same problem with emoticons. Even if I just enter the smiley punctuation into a message, the phone automatically converts it to a smiley graphic, which Talks then reads as a letter “I”.

I’ve tried both the free Nokia Screen Reader and the demo of Mobile Speak on this phone and both can read the emoticons without any problems.

Regards.

Ian

-----Original Message----- From: Clive Pallett
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 4:41 PM
To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [talks-uk] Nokia C5 and training Talks

Hello everyone,

My friend has sent me her Nokia C5 to upgrade Talks to the latest version.
Also, she is having trouble accessing the emoticons window in the symbols
screen.  Talks isn't reading the emoticons list.  I have tried using the
graphic labeler without success.  has anyone who has the C5 managed to get
Talks to recognise the emoticons list? Any help most appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett