[talks-uk] Re: Nokia 6600 query

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:59:44 -0000

Hi Paul

It sounds as though you might have created something that has added itself to the bottom of your menu items.

But I can tell you how to put Messaging on your left soft key. Do the following:

1. Press the Menu button on your 6600, which is the middle of the three keys on the left edge of your phone.

2.  Arrow down to Tools and select.

3.  The first item in Tools should be Settings.  Select this.

4.  Phone is the first item in this screen.  Select it.

5. In this screen, you have General, Stand-By Mode, and Display. Arrow to Stand-By Mode and select.

6. Here, you will be presented with the names of your left and right soft keys. If the left one says Camera, go into the Options menu and select Change.

7. You should now be presented with a list of items with which you can associate your left and right soft keys.

8. Arrow through them and select the one you want for your left soft key, then do the same for your right soft key.

9. Once you have made your selections, keep pressing the right soft key to back out of each of the screens until you reach the main window of your 6600. TALKS should now announce the two assignments you have made.

I hope that helps.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx