[talks-uk] Nokia 5500

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "talks-uk" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:26:27 -0000

I just wanted to share this with fellow TALKS users. The Nokia 5500 is
supposedly one of the handsets which will be compatible with the new version of
TALKS when it is finally released. I know TALKS can announce the name of the
caller, but the Nokia 5500 handset also does this. When the phone rings, at the
end of each ring the volume of the ringtone decreases and the name of the
caller is announced as long as that caller has been saved in the Contacts List.
If the caller is not in the Contacts List then there is no announcement. So you
always know if it is someone whose number you have that is calling and if they
are in your Contacts List, then you know who they are before you answer. For
those who don't really need software like TALKS but struggle a bit reading the
small font in their text messages, this handset also has a function to read
received messages. There is a choice of voices too I believe though I have not
tried those apart from the default one which is not too bad.

Have I sung this phone's praises enough yet?

Barbara Wilson
Email: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: 07917710779