[talks-uk] Nokia 3230, Talks and System error

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:24:22 +0100

All,

The subject line just about says it all.  I have a Nokia 3230 which has
just run out of the initial 1 year guarantee period.  Over the weekend,
it crashed, and when I restarted it, having removed the battery, and
checked the seating of the SIM and memory cards, it displayed a box
which apparently just contained the words "System Error".  My wife was
able to click the OK button in this dialogue box, and the phone booted
up, but TALKS didn't start.  The phone appears to work OK, but no TALKS.

Not sure how to proceed, and any help would be gratefully accepted.

Regards and thanks,

Tim Pennick

Tim Pennick
tel:    01473 609040
email:  tim.pennick@xxxxxx

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or
address above) immediately.

Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc E-mail system is
monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful
business purposes. Communications using this system will also be
monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for
other lawful business purposes.