[talks-uk] Re: New TALKS

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:04:12 +0100

I am waiting to upgrade until I know exactly which phones it will work on.  I
am with t-mobile and despite the rubbish this company speaks about working with
disabled people, my experience of t-mobile is that the company so far has not
lifted one corporate finger to help visually impaired people access their
phone.  This is a shame considering t-mobile has regularly attended exhibitions
like Sight Village in the past.  I will try to change this by giving them a
copy of my bill before and after talks so it can be seen how much better access
has lightened my pocket!

but before I can really get into this one I need to be sure of what phones
Talks will work with so it's a case of waiting until the upgrade is available I
suppose.

It would be nice if a way could be found of allowing a visually impaired person
to install software independently.  I know you can count the button presses
required but this isn't really ideal.  I suppose a change of approach from
nokia, to reintroduce the ability to control the installation from the PC will
be required for any progress in this area.

Regards

Graham