[talks-uk] Re: N97 Mini Writing on Touch Screen

  • From: "DurDevil" <durdevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 11:47:11 +0100

Hi Eleanor

i've just had a look together with a sighted person to confirm this....   and
it souns like you hav activated the hand writing mode.

Looking at this on my N97 classic this is activated as follows

1. When you are in a message and hav the touch keypad up there is a item called
change keyboard up near the top left of the screen which talks reads when
touched.
2. Pressing this change keyboard button then produces a option to choose
between handwriting or alpha numeric keyboard - this is not read by talks so i
can only assume you hav managed to trigger it somehow.

When this handwriting keyboard is up, to get rid of it do the following -

1. Press key2 for vack
2. Then after doing that the change keyboard button appears above it
3. Press this change keyboard button which is now located directly above key2.

You should now hav the numeric keypad back and if you leave with that as last
used it should always be the one which comes up.

Hope this helps

cheers

Pete