[talks-uk] Re: N96?

  • From: "Saqib" <saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:25:33 -0000

It might look impressive if you can see to use it. I heard that it has an on screen keypad interface. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:22 AM
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: N96?

Hi Matt,

In what way does the N97 look impressive?

From: Charles.Nicol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address:
Charles.Nicol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 24/02/2009 09:38
Sent To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: N96? N79?

Matt,

The N96 is not listed as a supported phone, however, I am using one
quite
satisfactorily with Talks. Some functions of the N96 do not work with
Talks, e.g. the BBC I Player and the Office applications, however, I
would
expect that these might be supported soon. On the other hand, I have
been
experimenting with the N96 GPS functionality, using Loadstone and have
installed Nokia Audio Book Player on the phone, allowing me to convert
and
listen to talking books on the go.

The only thing I would advise with the N96 is to check out the keyboard
and see if that suits you. It is pretty flat, however, I have worked it
out and do not have any issues with it.

Hope that this helps.

Many Thanks, With Kind Regards,

Charles Nicol
Business Change : Technology
( 0141 223 3286 È             6 0141 223 3976 :
Charles.Nicol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Matt Brown" <matthew_brown@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
23/02/2009 19:46
Please respond to
talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[talks-uk] N96? N79?

Wow! The N96 has been around a little while now, but no sign of it on
the
Nuance Website anywhere! Can anyone confirm if the N96 is supported or
not?

Also, T-mobile are offering me either the N96 or N79 as my upgrade
option
so I'm interested to know if the N79 is supported but that isn't up on
the
Nuance site either! Yes I know its new, so its possible they haven't
gotten around to it yet, but as to the N96, considering it has been out
nearly a year, I'd have expected it to be listed by now.

As a further enquiry, does anyone know if the N97 due for release
shortly
will be supported? I know it will have a touch screen, but it will also
have a full qwerty keyboard, and its feature set is spectacular!

Thanks for advice in advance,

Matt

We will NEVER contact customers via email asking to supply any personal
information, telephone or internet banking login details.

This e-mail is issued by a NAGE Group company. The contents of this
e-mail

are confidential and will have no contractual effect unless it is
otherwise agreed between a specific NAGE Group company and the
recipient.

The NAGE Group companies include, among others, National Australia Group
Europe Limited (Company No 02108635) which is registered in England and
Wales at registered office 88 Wood Street, London EC2V 7QQ, Clydesdale
Bank PLC (Company No SC001111) which is registered in Scotland at
registered office 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow G1 2HL and Yorkshire Bank
Home Loans Limited (Company No 01855020) which is registered in England
and Wales at registered office 20 Merrion Way, Leeds LS2 8NZ.

Clydesdale Bank PLC and Yorkshire Bank Home Loans Limited are authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Credit facilities
other

than regulated mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect those of
any member of the NAGE Group. If you are not the addressee (or
responsible

for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the
originator immediately by return message and destroy the original
message.

This message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to
leaving the NAGE Group network. However, NAGE Group does not guarantee
the

security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages
arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any
alteration of this message by a third party. The NAGE Group may monitor
emails sent to and from the NAGE Group network.